Tips for Photographing Your Pets
Our four-legged kids are always a bright spot in our day. These fluffballs can bring a smile to our face at the drop of a hat, and they are faithful and constant companions that love us unconditionally. Is it any wonder we go completely nuts for our pets?
Capturing those perfect shots can sometimes be tricky, especially when trying to slow down those hyper-drive animals that have only two speeds – sleep and full throttle. But with a few tips, and a dash of patience, you can take amazing pictures that capture the unique personality of your favorite animal in a most memorable way.
- They say that the eyes are the window to the soul, and it’s certainly true when it comes to our fur babies. When taking pictures, focusing on their eyes will draw out the emotion of the moment and keep the rest of the photo in perspective.
- Everyone is looking for the secret to the perfect portrait shots. Whether they’re sitting pretty or laying down, there’s one surefire way to coax that amazing shot – and it’s a lot simpler than you might think. With your camera or cell phone in one hand, hold up their favorite toy or treat in the other. Their eyes will follow the bait, and you’re on your way to remarkable photographs.
- For some candid life shots, try taking them from your pet’s level. When you lay on the ground – especially outside – the perspective shift makes for incredible photos. Grass poking up around a baseball or leaves fluttering around during play can add an astonishing amount of depth to a shot that might be just ho-hum from a higher angle.
- Use the flash sparingly to avoid harsh contrast shots. Or, make sure to use the flash for incredible dusk or nighttime photos highlighting the glowing green eyes – especially for spooky Halloween photos.
- Use the action for creative and candid pictures of your pet at play. Taking a series of shots in burst mode will allow you to capture crazy tongue action, or ears flopping. Candid play shots of your best friend are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face, no matter what kind of day you’re having.
You’ve got the picture perfect shot – now what?
Snaptotes products can help you bring those memories into every day with our amazing line of hand assembled photo products.
The ultimate in take-along convenience and organization is our microsuede tote. This versatile bag holds and organizes all your essentials, and the spacious front will make your favorite photo pop in amazing color. For an added touch of softness around the house, our decorative throw pillows come in assorted sizes, with many accent color choices and a hypoallergenic, 100% polyester pillow tucked behind a durable zippered enclosure, and always ready to be hugged. No home is complete without a picture of your four-legged kid hanging on the wall – and our gallery wrapped canvas prints are the perfectly urban-chic medium to use.
All of our products feature our unique printing process that prints your image directly onto the fabric, canvas, microsuede, neoprene, or genuine leather – in such rich brilliance that will take your breath away.